Wednesday, October 31, 2007

BOO!


I thought I'd share some pics of our Halloween decorations. This is our favorite holiday and we do a lot of decorating. Every year we add a little more. We hope to one day have the whole front yard filled with tombstones. They are super simple to make. I just used blue insullation board and glued three pieces together to get the thickness I wanted. To cut them and make all the detail I used a heated exacto knife. An awesome tool. Wear a mask when you do this. The fumes from cutting the foam is a little nasty. Can't be good. I also used caulk to fill in seams and add texture then I just painted them with acrylic paint. Due to being pregnant I was unable to make any tombstones this year. I hope to be able to do 2 or 3 next year. I also plan on making a headless horseman out of my dress form for next year. The kids love it and this is the first year we ha d a few cars driving by. It will only get begger from here!!

The pumpkins are the styrafoam kind attatched to pvc pipe painted black. I just tied gauze and rope around them to make them a little creepier. The fencing is just the cheap stuff you can get at the hardware store.
Time to start planning for next year. Only 364 days left!!

No comments:

Post a Comment