Friday, September 5, 2008

PLUSH-IT!

A while ago I was contacted by Serena Kuhl to participate in Plush-It. What's cool about this show is that everyone was given a template to work from. You can see the template in the background in the first picture. I really wanted to do something different with the template. And after staring at it for a long time I noticed that when the template was turned it kind of looked like a fish. So that's how that came to be. Here's some pictures of the process.




This guy measures about 12" across. I decided after he was complete that he needed to be displayed upright so I made the stand and added some plush seaweed. I wish I had some video of his tail moving back in forth because it really looks like he could swim.
I've got one more fish guy I'll post later.

No comments:

Post a Comment