Wednesday, October 28, 2009
I've been searching for a really good looking Witch hat for a while now. I found nothing that was reasonably priced and all were made poorly. So I decided to make one.
I used acrylic felt that I happened to have. Next time I'll use better material. Wool would have been nicer. I doubled up the felt as well as added a heavy interfacing between the layers. Then I decided the use my free hand embroidery foot to sew the squiggly lines all over. This, along with the interfacing, helped give it some stiffness. I wrapped tulle around the base and stitched it in place. Then I tucked black feathers under the tulle and stitched them down. In the back I pulled up one of the pieces of tulle, gathered it and sewed it in place. Then I added the crystal button.