Tuesday, December 1, 2009

DIGITAL SILHOUETTES

head2

So I posted these on our family blog and thought I'd post them here too. Last night I got carried away and made some digital head1silhouettes of my daughter. If you have Photoshop this will be easy. I just took a profile shot of my daughter. This was actually the hardest step. Try getting a 21 month old to sit still. So after about 50 shots I finally got two that looked ok. I then uploaded my photo to my computer and opened them in Photoshop. I created a new layer went in and redrew the face with the selection tool and filled it in with a color. You could then print this out, cut out the head and use it as a template to trace onto a heavier card stock to cut out. This is by no means how real cut paper silhouettes are created. In fact it's kind of cheating. But I don't have the skill to free hand cut a silhouette, or the patience to deal with my squirmy daughter. But over all I love the look.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for posting this! I had been thinking that I wanted to make a silhouette of my 16 month old to hang in her room but I couldn't figure out how to do it. I do have photoshop so your instructions are great for me.

    ReplyDelete