Sunday, September 12, 2010
I finished up the bodice of the witch costume. The dress is made from Simplicity pattern 4136. See what I meant when I said the bodice looked a bit boring. I added ribbon detailing to the puff sleeves and ribbon down the center of the chest. For the main part of the dress I used a a light weight ribbed corduroy.
Here's a pic of the bodice with the vest. It's really looking awesome now. All the different kinds of material really give dimension to the dress. I decided the neck needed a brooch. I used some left over ribbon, feathers and I found some awesome skull buttons.