Saturday, April 23, 2011

SPRING DRESSES

It's taken me way to long to finish these up. I have too many projects started and not finished. I desperately want to get back to making some plushies. I have some ideas brewing! My goal is to get a handle on my unfinished sewing projects and house projects this weekend. Yesterday I put all the zippers in these dresses. That was five zippers. Luckily only one dress gave me problems.



I love ModCloth.com and the vintage style dresses they carry. So I decided to make some vintagey inspired looking dresses. I made two dresses from Butterick pattern 4443. A super easy pattern. In fact I think it says easy on the envelope. I chose to make two sleeved dresses one with v-neck and one with a boat neck. I decided they'd look really nice with some piping on the sleeves and neckline. I added a faux pocket to the turquoise and red dress.



This one is my favorite. All that's missing is a cute apron and red pumps.



Detail of the faux pocket.



Butterick 4443



I went a little crazy and made three more dresses, like my Navy and a turquoise polkadot dress, from Simplicity pattern 2922.



I really like how pretty this fabric is. I chose to make this one without the sleeve bands. I added mother of pearl buttons on the sleeves above the slits.





This fabric is AWESOME! I want to draw little faces on the raindrops : )



Button detail on collar.



Here's the last dress in a much larger print, which I think looks great too. I'll finish this look off with wedged sandals.

My only problem now is deciding which one to wear first. : )

Now on to finish working on the chair rail in the hallway.

3 comments:

  1. When I was a senior in high school I made about 4 dresses similar to the Butterick pattern with the scoop neck. Only difference was that the skirt was a little fuller. Funny how some styles come back into fashion.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're an awesome seamstress! I love all your work. Thank you for the great ideas. I was wondering if you happen to have any leftover fabric from that large blue, teal and lime green (or is it yellow?) print? I have a print just like that I used for a tote. I now want to use it as the lining for a matching jacket and can no longer find it. I'd be happy to buy it from you if you have it. Thanks!

    Mos

    ReplyDelete
  3. Unfortunately I do not have nay more of that fabric :( It was pretty cute.

    ReplyDelete