Tuesday, October 28, 2008
I just finished two grim reaper cloaks this evening. I used Simplicity pattern 9887. Very easy pattern. I would have loved to have made them out of wool or a distressed velvet but each one is a little over nine yards of material. Not only would that have been really expensive, it also would have been really heavy and hard to manage while sewing. I already felt like I was wrestling with just nine yards of cotton. I've got one more prop to finish. My husband was nice enough to make me a scythe out of some scrap lumber while I finished up the cloaks. All I need to do is finish painting it. I've got just 3 more days to finish everything up. Cutting it a little close this year!