Tuesday, August 18, 2009

ALICE



I mentioned that I'm gearing up for Halloween. I know it seems early, but to get everything done I usually start two months out. This year I'm dressing up as Alice and my daughter will be The Queen of Hearts. Last night I finished my costume. It was pretty easy. The only thing I'm not happy with is the Aprons material is kind of thin and the blue shows through a bit. But it is a costume and I didn't want to spend a ton on fabric so I didn't buy the best cotton. It's just going to bother me. But over all it's pretty cute and fits really well.

I used two different patterns to create this costume. The dress is Simplicity 4015. As you can see I added length to the skirt. 15" to be exact. I don't really need to be a slutty Alice. Weird.

And the apron is Simplicty 4282. I've used this pattern a lot. I just left off the sleeves and pockets, and didn't add the two back panels which would have made it to full.

Now I start the Queen of Hearts. This will involve some problem solving since there is no pattern for a toddler that exists. I think I'll be altering the Wizard of Oz Simplicty pattern.
More to come.

1 comment: