I took a little detour this past week to finish up some baby items for a friends baby shower. I have finished the heads of my Magicians Assistants and hope to start the bodies this weekend.
Everything is so cute and small. The shoes are from Simplicity pattern 2471 and the horse is from Simplicity pattern 2763. The large bib I think came from Martha Stewarts website a few years ago. I made about a dozen of these about 2 1/2 years ago before my daughter was born. The small bib I made by tracing a store bought bib I had had for my daughter. It was great having small ones like that when my daughter was a new born.
I really love how the horse turned out. But it was a pain to sew. The horse isn't very big so just sewing it together and turning it inside out was a pain. I recommend enlarging this pattern about 10-20%. It would make it a whole lot easier. I did add a rattle and squeaker inside.
I reprints of retro patterns.