Tuesday, December 4, 2007

PLUSHED ::ART GONE SOFT::



I've been working on three new plushies this week for this show. The show is called PLUSHED::art gone soft::. It is being held at Purdue University from Jan.21 - Feb. 1. I'm working on a deer head, a small bird head and a small squirrel head. They'll all be proportional to each other so the deer head is quite big. The plaque for the deer itself measures about 12"w x 20"h. The bird and squirrel are about 5"x7". I hope to have the head of the deer done by the weekend and I can share it with you. Because of its size it is defnitely taking a while.

I just thought it would be fun to do some ubber cute forest animals and give them some sort of twist. I was watching the show MGM on Boomerang last week and got the idea. The MGM show is just a collection of old cartoons. Bugs Bunny, Tex Avery, Tom & Jerry...that kind of stuff. You kind of get the idea from my sketches. When I post more pics you'll understand the inspiration.

No comments:

Post a Comment