Thursday, February 2, 2012

POMERANIAN PLUSH



I'm working on a commission piece of this Pomeranian. I love Poms. I have two myself. This stuffed dog has been quite the challenge. The reason being...the hair. I wasn't sure how to approach it. Do I sew it out of fur or make it out of fleece then cover it with fur? What to do? So I decided to make the body shape out of fleece and add the fur on.



Here's the body before the fur.





So adding the fur was like putting puzzle pieces together. I cut pieces of white and black fur and sewed them to the body. I fussed a lot with the fur to get it to lay in the right directions. After I got the sections of fur sewn on I went back with some wool roving and needle felted long strands of wool in different areas that needed more detailing. This was especially so in the face.





Tail still needs to be added as well as more detailing.

No comments:

Post a Comment