Thursday, February 16, 2012

SIMPLICITY PATTERN 3859 REVIEW

I decided to write my first pattern review. A lot of blogs I follow share reviews of sewing patterns they've sewn so I thought maybe I'd start doing that. So instead of just posting pics of what I've made now I'll be adding a review along with it. Hope they are helpful.



Simplicity 3895

Pattern Description:
Childs dress


Pattern Size:

Size 4

Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done sewing with it?

Yes. Exactly.


Were the instructions easy to follow?
The instructions were very easy. It took about 2 1/2 hours total. A great pattern to start and finish during your kids nap time. It’s a very quick and simple pattern. A great pattern for fun cotton prints.


What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern?

I preferred the V neck dress as opposed to the thin straps, but that is just my preference.


Fabric Used:
Michael Miller Children at Play – (balloons, polka dot, & bicycles) cotton fabric.com

Feeling Groovy Rainbow Blue – cotton fabric.com

Michael Miller Citron – Hobby Lobby


Pattern alterations or any design changes you made:
Cut a four in width and a five in length. Seemed a bit short for my daughter if I had cut the length at a four.

Instead of adding ribbon around the waste I sewed strips of contrasting fabric to the bodice before sewing on the skirt.


Would you sew it again? Would you recommend it to others?
Yes. I made four dresses.

Conclusion:

The shorter dress looks great with capri leggings.







4 comments:

  1. I LOVE these! You did a great job! I might just have to go get that pattern myself! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are so cute. Any little girl would love them. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks! They are super easy to make. I had to stop myself from buying more fun fabrics :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Me encantan los patrones y me quiero suscribir

    ReplyDelete