Sunday, August 15, 2010

FALL SKIRTS

I went a bit crazy on making skirts for my daughter for the fall. There was just so many cute fabric combos. My daughter has finally decided that she likes to wear skirts and asks to wear "pretty drresses" just about every day. These are super quick to make. A great project to whip up during nap time. Simplicity pattern 2356.



Princess Castle Skirt. This print reminds me of Disney's Sleeping Beauty.



Little Golden Books Skirt. My daughter has a shelf of Golden books that belonged to me and me mom. One of which is the 1951 printing of Mary Blair's I Can Fly.



Flower Skirt. I love this fabric combo.



Gnomes Skirt. Who doesn't love gnomes?



Halloween Skirt. Great print. Cute and not juvenile looking.



Thanksgiving Skirt. I really wanted to find a fabric print with turkeys. I searched everywhere and found only one and it was ugly.



Skull Skirt. This is my favorite. Cute and punk all in one. Will be great for the Halloween season and beyond.



Christmas Skirt. Very cute and retro.



I then decided to make a quick poodle skirt as a costume for my daughter to wear to school. She's got black and white oxfords that'll look really cute with this.



My little model. I took about 15 pictures and only had one descent on to use. It's really hard to get a 2 year old to stand still or pose for you.

1 comment:

  1. These are amazing! You are totally inspiring me to do something like this for my 2-year old daughter. The gnome one is my favorite. What a lucky girl! -e

    ReplyDelete