Wednesday, August 11, 2010

ART UNLEASHED 2010



Art Unleashed is coming up. The art auction that benefits the Humane Society for Kansas City is Friday August 27. This is my sixth year and I love doing it. This year I contributed two pieces.



Old school chairs were being offered to decorate any way you'd like. So I volunteered to take a chair. I decided I wanted it to be very simple and graphic. I spray painted the entire chair black and then just made a slip cover for the back and a cushion for the seat. I also added a tail that wraps around one of the legs.



I contemplated for awhile about adding a mouth. But in the end I decided maybe he looked best without one.



Here's the owl, I posted  a couple weeks ago, that will be auctioned off too.

If you're in the area I recommend checking this out. It's a fun evening with lots of food and fun art work.

No comments:

Post a Comment