Thursday, April 12, 2007


I couldn't wait to make this dress. I especially loved the illustration on the envelope. Well I finally finished this dress that I started about a month ago and then got frustrated with it after it didn't fit so it sat around for a while. After some great advice I fixed my problem and now it fits. It originally was way to small and I had about a 1 1/2 inch gap in front where the ties meet. So I had to let out some darts and the back seam. Also the pattern called for 3 snaps in front to keep it closed. There was no way that was going to work. The minute I'd sit down it would have popped open. So I extended the bias tape, that wraps around the arms, so that I could great ties. This should hold properly. So if anyone out there is interested in making this dress I'd suggested the ties in front. It's kind of a cute detail anyway. I know the photo isn't the greatest but there are tiny white polka dots that you just can't see.

No comments:

Post a Comment