Wednesday, April 18, 2007

FOR THE BIRDS




I know the bird motif is everywhere right now and it's probably overdone but I just can't help but love them. Anytime I'm out shopping and I see something with a little bird on it I stop and contimplate do I really need this. Most of the time I don't buy but it makes me happy seeing them. I have bought quite a bit of bird themed items for my garden. You just can't pass up a pudgy little bird yard ornament. You should check out Ann Woods website. I love her little plush birds and want them all. How cute are the bride and groom birdies!
Two quicky projects I did this week were both bird themed and I didn't even realize it till I saw them sitting side by side on my counter. I was tired of my boring square pin cushion so I decided to make this bird. My first idea was a turtle but changed my mind. Maybe I'll do that some other time.
I also have been looking everywhere for a little bird charm for a necklace but have found nothing. So I made one. I was inspired by Adorn Magazines recent issue. There is a tutorial on making a necklace out of shrinky dinks. Duh, why didn't I think of that. The pieces they made for their necklace are much larger but still cute. I wanted something rather small. I'm pretty happy with the outcome. One good tip the magazine gave was to blow up whatever image you want as your shrinky dink to 180%. So if you want something that is 1"x1" as you final size blow that up 180% FYI you can send shrinky dink paper through your bubble jet printer. That's what I did. It works pretty well, it just takes a while for the ink to dry.
Maybe I'll try a little bird out of sculpy next.

No comments:

Post a Comment