Monday, April 16, 2007

GREAT FIND





I thought I'd share this book I just found. It's the Singer Sewing Book by Mary Picken from 1949 with 244 pages. It's a great tutorial on how to sew. It's hast great diagrams and some great illustrations, some of which I posted here. I found it a pretty funny read as well. The book wasn't in great condition. The spine was almost completely off and the binding was all loose. So I decided to take the whole book apart and put in plastic sleeves in a binder (a BIG binder). Now I could have rebound it or had someone else rebind it but I thought this way I could at least preserve the pages and use the book fully open on my tabletop. Now the pages are completely protected and I am able to flip through it without being concerned about tearing a page. Plus I only paid a couple of bucks for it.
How great is that last pic. Can you imagine living in a room that color wall to wall? Wow! There are also quite a few color photos of interiors. There is a section on sewing curtains and recovering furniture.

No comments:

Post a Comment