Friday, July 20, 2007

COMIC CON 2007


I've been so busy this week that I haven't had a chance to post anything. We've been busy packing and getting ready for our trip to San Diego for the annual Comic Con. For those who don't know, this convention is the biggest comic book/pulp culture conference in the country. There are others through out the year in other cities but aren't as big. This draws thousands of people a day. Tons of famous industry people and hollywood people running around. It's very exciting! It is a three day event and is located at San Diegos Convention center which I believe is 2 football fields in size. It takes the full amount ot time to really see and hear everything. There is a lot of great indie artists that set up booths and sometimes that work is the most interesting. There is also a big presence of plush and vinyl too.
My husband is a comic book artist who has been nominated for an award called the Eisner Award for best publication for a younger audience for his graphic novel Chickenhare. So yes this is a business trip but it is fun business. He'll have lots of book signings and such while I get to go scout out the floor.
I plan on taking lots of pictures of all the craziness and trying to not spend a ton of money. I'll post some of my finds when I get back.

No comments:

Post a Comment