Friday, April 4, 2008

BOOKS I RECOMMEND

I just recently got some new books that i thought I'd share with you. I haven't done that in quite a while. Of course I haven't gotten anything worth sharing in a while.


The Art of Manipulating Fabric by Colette Wolff is a book dedicated to showing different stitches and stitch combinations. Very couture. It is very in depth and has some great diagrams that show you what the stitches look like. Some examples are shirring, ruffling, tucking, and pleating. There are a ton more. Makes me wish I had become a fashion designer, of course so does Project Runway when it's on.


Any one who loves character design will like Pictoplasma: The Character Encyclopedia by Lars Denicke. It shows artwork by the whose who in design, illustration, plush & vinyl toys right now. This book is really slick. I also recommend Dot Dot Dash: Designer toys, Action Figures, and Character Art by Robert Klanten if you like Pictoplasma.

No comments:

Post a Comment