Tuesday, August 11, 2009

ART UNLEASHED 2009


I quickly finished this bird for Art Unleashed. This is an art auction that benefits the Humane Society for the Greater Kansas City area. I think this is my sixth year donating work. This is a great event that raises money for the Humane society and keeps it going year after year to help improve the lives of dogs and cats with their no-kill shelter. You can read more about it on their web site.
I've done these birds before and they're always a big hit. Though you can't tell in this photo, I made him bigger than the ones in the past. His head measures about 8" across and his body stands about 12 1/2" tall. He's also on a pretty tall stand. So in total, with stand, he measures 29 1/2" tall.

2 comments:

  1. Wow! That's a pretty big bird for a really cool cause! LOL =D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, great little birdie for a super cause!
    I especially like the paisley wings. :)

    ReplyDelete