Tuesday, June 8, 2010

HOOT HOOT



So I've been playing around with the idea of doing some plush owls for Plush You! Seattle or Art Unleashed. I've always shyed away from doing them because they are so popular and so many people have created some awesome plush owls so I figured why bother. But after finishing the Owl & Pussy Cat wedding cake topper I thought it would be a lot of fun to make a larger owl. Last weekend my husband and I had to pull out or dying birch tree that was only about three years old. I thought it would be cool to cut it up and some how use it as a base for some owls. A great way to reuse the tree rather than throwing it away. I'm going to start working on one right now for Art Unleashed and if I'm happy with it I'll make a few more for Plush You! Seattle.

No comments:

Post a Comment