Saturday, September 11, 2010

I'LL GET YOU MY PRETTY



I've officially started working on Halloween costumes for this year. Our family costume theme this year is Star Wars, but I decided to make a witch costume too. I've had this pattern for over 4 years. In fact the image on the pattern envelope is different from mine. I'm guessing they updated it this year or last.



The pattern is very easy. I actually found it to be a bit boring in looks. I decided it needed a corset like vest that will go over the dress. I found Simplicity pattern 5582, a Renaissance pattern, that had a nice vest that didn't require me to use boning.



I had a really hard time taking this picture. Taking a picture of a black garment is not easy. I used a thick ribbed black corduroy,  it feels like velvet.



Here's a close up of where you can get a better view of the front. I'll have to take a picture of the lining. I used some Halloween plaid material I had left over from last year.

No comments:

Post a Comment