Thursday, February 3, 2011

HAPPY SNOW DAY



So we were snowed in for two days here in KC. We actually had a blizzard and ended up with 12". Which to some in other parts of the country this isn't a big deal, but for KC and the midwest it was a lot.

Everybody was home and driving each other crazy. To keep busy I made one of my birds. I had forgotten how much I like my birds. I had thought one would be cute in my daughters new "bird" themed room but I didn't think I'd ever get around to making one. So I guess I should thank the snow.

The birds head is about 7 1/2" wide and the whole thing stands 24" tall,



I'm really bad about photographing work in progress but I did manage to get one pick taken at the beginning when I was cutting out my fabric. Many times I'll make a paper template for pieces, so if I should ever want to make more in the future I can. However there have been times were I just start cutting and sewing and don't make a template. The templates I make out of paper I keep in a large envelope with the name of the piece on the outside. Some have notes inside these envelopes as reminders of how I put things together. It's just how I stay organized.

2 comments:

  1. THAT IS SO CUTE! I love it so much! I want one! Makes me want to do my room like your daughters!
    P.S. have you ever thought of making the birds from Angry birds? Or the Pigs!?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I love him! What a great use of the snow day. I wish I could say I was as productive as you...

    ReplyDelete