Tuesday, February 28, 2012

BARBIE'S SPRING COLLECTION



I made a bunch of Barbie clothes for my daughter for her birthday. I was too cheap to go out and buy ugly poorly made Barbie clothes. This is probably the first and last time I make that many pieces. I do not like sewing this small. It makes 18" doll clothes a dream to sew.

I keep lots of scrap fabric laying around which was perfect for making these.





I used Simplicity pattern 5785 for all the pieces except for the dress on the left in the above pic. I chose this pattern because of the many clothing options, the mixing and matching of pieces plus I loved the 1960's clothing.



3 comments:

  1. Love your designs! I am still a Huge Barbie fan and can appreciate all of your work! Played with Barbie in the late 60s and early 70s and love these clothes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hear you on sewing Barbie clothes...I gave those up a long time ago! I love your fabric choices!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know what you are saying about sewing Barbie clothes. I just finished a wardrobe for my granddaughter and now I am going to give the patterns away. I used most of Sim. 5785 and sewing for dumies. I like the way yours resemble mine in style and fabrics. These will all last for many years and be loved by these little girls who will play with them. So that makes it all worth while.

    ReplyDelete