Wednesday, December 23, 2009

JESSIE PLUSH



The commission piece I finished back before Thanksgiving was given to Jessie (the recipient) last night. So it's safe for me to post the picks from this project. Above is the doodle I did of Jessie.



Jessie is a local tattoo artist her in KC and she's the best. Both my husband and I have gotten tattoo's from her. My husband goes back for another in a month. I've been thinking of what I want next. This pic is of my husband from June when we went to get our tattoos.



Here are some progress shots of her. Like all my plus, I start with the head first. Inserted into the head is a dowel rod that also runs through the body. Helps stabalize the head.



Here you can see the rod coming out of her waste.



This is the first time I've ever added a tattoo to a plush. It took some figuring out. I wasn't sure how I was going to do it. I ended up using the iron on transfer paper that you can send through your printer. I didn't think it would work well on fleece but it did. I did about three transfers before I was really happy. And yes that is Jessie's tattoo. I redrew it in Photoshop and printed it out. Her tattoo of course wraps all the way around her arm. I ran into problems doing this because I ironed on the transfer before I sewed it together. There is no way it would have lined up and looked good so I went with just showing the tattoo on the front.



I decided not to cut the dowel rod off. The only down fall to this is that she can't be removed from her base. I think it's more stable this way. Some people may not like having there plush attached to a permanent base.



Close up of arm. Very happy with how this turned out.

3 comments: