Monday, February 22, 2010

BOW HOLDERS



Well I actually finished these two last Tuesday and got busy the rest of the week getting ready for my daughter's 2nd birthday party. I got a little preoccupied and forgot to post these.

They seem to work like I expected. I decided to make the eyes larger than I had on my sketches. I don't have any large hair bows to test on these but I don't see why they wouldn't stay. The only thing you really have to do is balance both sides with a bow. I remember having to do that with mine as a kid, otherwise the head will tilt. I think if I make any more I'd make the hair about 5" longer. I'm working on a dress for myself right now and I'll get back to these as soon as that is done.

2 comments:

  1. Love the face. Also like the added ears. I never thought of that when I was making them for you and Karen. These are much more animated than the ones I made for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't seen any of these in ages -- although they were always referred to as "barrette holders" at my house. Yours are absolutely adorable and I have to admit that my first reaction was a combination of "aww" and "I want one!" (leaning mostly toward the latter).

    ReplyDelete