Monday, August 23, 2010

LAST OUTFIT

So I've completed all the sewing projects I wanted to for the fall. Now to start working on Halloween stuff and pieces for Luv-able & Hug-able as well as Stuff This.



When I went back home to STL in June I dug through a box of old patterns my mom and grandma had used to make clothes for us kids. It was fun seeing all these 70's and 80's patterns. I took a few back home with me and planned to make my daughter one or two outfits. I chose this one first. I thought the dress would look cute this fall with a long sleeve shirt and leggings and maybe some cute boots.

I love the illustration on the envelope.



I literally made this from scraps I had left over from another project.  In fact I wanted the center panel to be the same material as the two side panels but I just didn't have enough.

With this pattern you can add pleats or not. I chose to add them and use bright pink so they'd really pop. I'd love to make another that is plaid, maybe in a lightweight corduroy.

This is a size 3 and follows all the same measurements as size three's do today however it's big. I had to take it in a bit.

1 comment:

  1. Ella just saw this picture and she wanted one for herself. Your mom didn't happen to have a size 5 or 6 pattern did she?

    ReplyDelete