Wednesday, October 13, 2010

YUB NUB



So before I start working on my plush cake slice to go with Marie Antoinette I'm trying to finish up Halloween costumes. We're doing a theme this year and my husband will be getting involved too. He wants to be a storm trooper so a Star Wars theme it is. I'll be going as Princess Leia and my 2 1/2yr old daughter will be going as a Ewok. However she thinks she's going as a teddy bear, whatever she wants to think to get her into the costume is fine with me.



Here's the hood. I used a brown micro fiber polyester material to simulate the leather.



I did a bit of stitching here and there. I might even distress the material a bit to give it an aged look.



Here's the body. By the time I finished cutting and sewing the suit together my studio was covered in fur. It looked like I shaved one of our dogs. The costume also includes mittens and shoe covers.



I used Simplicity pattern 2855. The costume is a bit large on my daughter which I think makes it cuter and funnier.



So now I just hope we have a cool Halloween night because this costume will be toasty and I hope she keeps it on.

No comments:

Post a Comment