Tuesday, January 18, 2011

WARM AND CUDDLY



I can check these off my "to do list". The above is a baby blanket with matching bib for a co-worker.



I also finally finished up all the bedding for my daughters new "big girl" bed, which arrived last week. I've been working on everything off an on since about April. The pink comforter and pillow shams are from Target. I bought a Full size so I could get the two shams and then cut the comforter down to a Twin size, and resewed the edge. Used the portion I cut off to make the longer side pillows.



I found the bird print fabric at fabric.com. I bought 4 yards of it and used every bit of it. Made 2 pillow cases, 2 decorative pillows, one bed skirt and the small quilt. Love the Minky fabric too. Super soft. I used it on the baby items too.



I found this cuckoo clock at plasticland.com but it was a bit small hanging on the wall by itself. I bought a plaque for it to hang on. I covered it with the Martha Stewart glitter you can find at Michaels.



And lastly, I deecided the walls above the bed were to bare so I bought some embroidery hoops and added some of the fabric from the bedding.

All in all it turned out super cute. Not to juvenile and I think it will grow with my daqughter for a while.

4 comments:

  1. I a fellow crafty mom and stumbled upon your site from a google search for fabric flowers. I'm making an apron for the Winter CHA show in LA next week. Spent a little time here and your plush is lovely and so are you! I'll try to visit more :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH MY GOSH! I LOVE IT SO MUCH! I can't even express the words to how much in love with this I am! The bedding and the cuckoo clock! Where did you get that birdcage fabric!? If you got it off of a website, I HAVE to get some! I LOVE it SO MUCH! Kudos!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the colors and the fabric choice! I especially love the glittery plaque for the clock - how much fun is that!?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I purchased the bird fabric at fabric.com. I love that website and buy lots of fabric from them. They are very fast too.

    ReplyDelete