Sunday, September 23, 2012

SUMMER'S OVER TIME FOR FALL SEWING!!!



Cute purple corduroy fall jacket..



Found this great cotton print for the lining.





Simplicity 2234

Pattern Description:

Childs coat

Pattern Size: Size 5

Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done sewing with it?
Yes

Were the instructions easy to follow?
Yes, the instructions were easy to follow. Take your time with the lining so that it doesn't bunch up.

What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern?

I was just looking for a simple jacket style for my 4 year old daughter and this fitted me need.

Fabric Used:
cotton – fabric.com

purple corduroy - fabric.com

Pattern alterations or any design changes you made:

I made view A in the shorter version. The pattern only calls for 3 buttons at the top but I decided to add buttons all the way down the coat. With an active 4 year old running around outside, 3 buttons keeping the coat closed was not going to keep her warm.

Would you sew it again? Would you recommend it to others?
Yes.

Conclusion:

The coat, because I didn't use a heavier material, will be great for fall weather. If I had lined the corduroy with a fleece it could have worked for colder weather.

Love how well this fits my four year old I plan on making the vest too.

This would be really cute in a denim too.

No comments:

Post a Comment