Sunday, March 29, 2009

NOT FEEJEE MERMAID AGAIN!


Yes...again! I know, I keep going coming back to this character. I can't help it. I've officially painted, sculpted, or sewn a FeeJee Mermaid 5 or 6 times in the last 10 years. It's about every other year I get drawn back to this creature. I always seem to find a little more information about him every time too. This time I found a great article at the Museum of Hoaxes website.
I chose do another FeeJee Mermaid because I've been trying to come up with a character I could do simple enough and complete in an evening. I tend to get carried away with detailing and the complexity of my plush, I love a challenge. But I've been trying to create a plushy that is simple but still looks like I created it. Plus this guy shows my sense of humor as well as interest in weird stuff. Cute and odd, the perfect combo.

No comments:

Post a Comment