Monday, March 23, 2009

ORLA KIELY



After about two months of walking past the Orla Kiely display at Target I caved in and bought some stuff. I kept telling myself I just don't need more "stuff" even though I loved what I saw. I know a lot of people are taking the tablecloths and towels and reworking them. So I decided I need a new tote bag and since I can't afford a real Orla Kiely bag I'd make one myself. I live in the midwest and the Orla Kiely stuff isn't exactly flying off the shelves. Which is a good thing for me, more for me!
I used the two set dishtowels that come in blue and white flowers. I had some great orangey velvety material that I used on the bottom and a brown cotton woven strap. I did use a fair amount of interfacing as well as a heavy canvas that is fused to the blue lining. I'm not a fan of what I call "droopy bags", I like a bit of structure to my bags. That way everything stays nice and neat inside. I also added two areas for pockets on either side on the inside. It measures 12" x 14". Of course now I'm thinking of turning a table cloth into a skirt. I keep coming up with new sewing projects when I really need to get back to my plushies.

No comments:

Post a Comment